As South African and United Kingdom Chartered Accountants we have a 55 year history of personal tax and business consulting.
Our client base has included
- Scores of salaried individuals,
- Directors of Companies,
- Small and large businesses
- Industrial companies,
- Property developers,
Some of our clients over the years:
- Mustek Computers
- Kyocera Printers
- Allan Maskew Engineering
- Kreepy Krauley
- Elliott International
- The Pro Shop
- Helpmekaar Private School
- Peacanwood Estate
- Lone Rock Construction
- United Nations RSA Division
In latter years we have concentrated on the development of software for personal tax consulting. Accounting and business consulting is handled by our associated firms.
Our founder and chairman Oswald Buchner, after his wide experience in the accounting profession as well as in commerce, regards the launch of the Swift Executive Remuneration Apps as one of the highlights of his career.
Similar software that he developed while with the Old Mutual was featured in the Financial Mail and in the Sunday Paper RAPPORT. Read more in the Gallery section of this website.
Mr. Buchner holds the following qualifications:
- BComm Wits - 1956
- CTA Wits - 1957
- Articles with KPMG 1955 - 1958
- CA(SA) – South African Institute of Chartered Accountants - 1958
- FCA – Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales – 1959
- MBA University of Pretoria - 1960
His employment history spans the accounting profession as well as Business and Commerce:
- Peat Marwick & Mitchell
- The Industrial Development Corporation
- Old Mutual
- Buchner Propvest – His own company
In parallel with his professional consulting, Oswald Buchner undertook some major residential property development projects, notably:
- Lonehill – Sandton
- Aston Manor - Kempton Park
- Aston Bay – Garden Route
- Marina Martinique – Garden Route
- Fountains Estate – Garden Route
Please refer to the Gallery section of this website where highlights of his property development activities are featured.
Our area of specialty is the optimising of executive remuneration for tax efficiency. We have developed specialist software to do just that: SwiftExecRemApps.
We do this for individuals. We do this for the executives of companies and organisations of all kinds, e.g. for the MD of the SA Chamber of Business (SACOB) to the staff of the United Nations South African Local Office.
The specific areas of remuneration tax planning include:
- Maximising the year-end travel claim tax refund.
- Comparing a Company Car benefit with a travel allowance benefit
- Offering apps such as:
- The Ultra Automated Logbook,
- The Top 10 Motoring Tax Tips, and
- The Swift What-If Benefit Options