Our vision is to be the go-to food safety training and consulting company in Africa.
By raising standards in the food chain, using innovative, practical and customised solutions that will create value for our customers, partners and company.
A BRIEF HISTORYWhere it began
Entecom (Enhancing Technical Competence) was established in November 2004 by Janice Giddy to serve the Food and Beverage industry as a provider of technical training courses and consulting. Since that time the Entecom business has grown and expanded to include franchisees in:
- East London
- Western Cape
- Gauteng West
For over 10 years Entecom has been assisting businesses with their Food Safety Management Systems and equipping their staff with the necessary skills to ensure they have an effective and compliant Food Safety Quality Management System.
We believe that businesses in the food and beverage industry who prepare and handle food in a safer way will be smarter businesses. Safer Food, Smarter Business.
- Integrity- We strive to be open and honest in all our dealings, always acting in the client's best interest.
- Commitment - We are committed to ensure excellent service delivery for every client.
- Excellence - We strive to exude a spirit of excellence in all our projects.
- Innovation - We strive to effectively match our customers' needs with the latest industry requirements.
- Personal Touch - Because we know that each client is unique.
Entecom has full accreditation with the FoodBev SETA (FoodBev SETA no: 587/00081/1011).
We provide accredited skills programmes as well as NQF-aligned workshops, focusing on Food Safety and HACCP.
Our courses are:
- Flexible around production demands
- Competitively priced
- Presented by subject matter experts
- Inclusive of workplace assessments
- Multilingual facilitators available
There are various funding opportunities available from your SETA, including FoodBev, W&R, Agri, TETA, CATHSSETA as well as HW SETA.
Contact us for more information.
We assist with the implementation of Food Safety and HACCP Management Systems such as:
- HACCP as per Retail Chain store requirements (aligned with GFSI requirements)
- GMP as per GFSI requirements
- FSSC 22000 / ISO 22000
- Pre-certification readiness audits
- Hygiene inspection
- Micro monitoring
- Product labelling advice
Any food handling organisation should implement a formal FSMS to ensure compliance to legal and regulatory requirements.
Our FSMS's are tailored to ensure that the company is ready for audits.
We provide the following auditing services:
- Internal audits as an integral part of your own Food Safety Management System. Our trained Lead Auditors will focus on specific processes and systems to provide you with a detailed report with recommendations
- Re-certification or readiness audits to gauge your readiness for your Retail Chain Store Audits or Certification Audits
- Hygiene swabs and product sampling. We use micro samples for the Management of the FSMS to verify cleaning efficacy and test product conformance to micro specifications.