HeadSmart Hair Academy is about YOU – empowering the next generation of hairdressing professionals.
HeadSmart Hair Academy is an international accredited hairdressing training institution in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape. Our aim is to elevate your hairdressing skills, through practical and theoretical components, to the highest level of artistic creativity.
In our academy we will provide a classroom facility for the theory and practical training in our adjacent hairdressing salon. Each learner will receive individual training covering the four phases – see, think, create and adapt.
At HeadSmart Hair Academy we will teach you and develop your creativity to become a competent and confident beauty professional. HeadSmart Hair Academy believe in solid education, a clear vision and a passionate desire to be the best will make you a LEADER, not a follower.
As a hairdressing school in Port Elizabeth, we strive to enhance and continuously improve the quality of our education and training products and services with the following commitments:
- To always serve the learner.
- To empower the next generation.
- To ensure the best possible platform for training students to discover and uplift their creativity and skills to become world-class hairdressers.
Our overall mission is to provide the highest quality and most cost-effective hairdressing training and education to all learners wishing to achieve the standards and qualifications registered on the NQF
OUR MISSION IS THE FOLLOWING:
- To provide students with a strong foundation in hair design, skills and the knowledge required to practice as a hairdresser.
- To provide provision of tuition and assessment.
- To serve specifically Further Education and Training (FET).
- To be responsive to changing environments.
- To take accountability for our actions.
As an educational hairdressing company, we have a list of values that we always strive to adhere to.
- Placing the students at the heart of what we do.
- Showing fairness, courtesy and mutual respect.
- Teaching and learning as the key to our success.
- Aspiring to excellence – quality is everyone’s responsibility.
- Working together to get the best result.
- Empowering others to achieve their full potential.
- Styling - Wash, Cut, Blow Dry, Iron,
- Colour - Foils
- Bridal Packages
At HeadSmart Hair Academy, we offer City & Guilds’ hairdressing courses in the form of Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications.
City & Guilds qualifications are industry recognised and offer students the opportunity to acquire the best skills and experience in their hairdressing qualifications.
IN ORDER TO MEET INDUSTRY REQUIREMENTS, CITY & GUILDS HAS CLUSTERED THE UNITS FROM THE LEVEL 2 AND LEVEL 3 QUALIFICATIONS TO MAKE COMPREHENSIVE MODULES.
- Module 1
- Module 2
- Module 3
- Module 4
- Module 5
- Module 6
When it comes to admission into our academy, it is our intention to give all students who are interested in pursuing a career in hairdressing a fair and equal opportunity to be accepted into the relevant course of study.
We do not discriminate against ethnicity, gender, age, disability, social class, race, learning styles, values or life experiences. As such, our admissions policy is set out to make the enrolment of prospective students as easy as possible.
- Students 16 years & older qualify to study at the academy, subject to assessment test and pre-registration interview.
- Applicants must provide us with a copy of their highest qualification or equivalence certificate.
- International applicants need to have a valid student visa.
- International applicants must provide proof of high school graduation or equivalence certificate.
Please note that a personal interview with a representative of HeadSmart Hair Academy is necessary prior to your acceptance.
WHEN ATTENDING THE ACADEMY FOR YOUR INTERVIEW, PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU:
- A copy of your identity document.
- A copy of your highest qualification.
- 2 x identity photos.
- All applicants applying for the full-time programme must complete and submit an enrolment form. This form must be accompanied with proof of deposit of course fees. The balance will be payable over 10 months.
- All applicants applying for the part-time programme must apply for an interview with the Academy Director. Should the interview be successful, the applicant will be accepted into the academy.
- All applicants must read and certify that they have read a copy of HeadSmart Hair Academy – Policy and Procedures, any updates and inserts, as well as the enrolment and registration agreement.
- All applicants need to be aware that if they enrol but do not complete the full years’ education, they will still be liable for the full year of course fees.
HOW DO I FIND A JOB?
We are in the process of developing a Prospective Employers Register, listing the salon, contact person and details, skill level required and whether it is casual, part time or full time employment.
HeadSmart supports student employment through both its Industry Placement and Prospective Employer Registers. We are also more than happy to match up individual students and employers, on request.
The type of work you’ll be allowed to do by the employer will vary from salon to salon, and is specified on the Training Plan.
WHO CAN ENROL FOR THE COURSE?
Any person, 16 years and older who is passionate about hairdressing and have a desire to be a competent and confident beauty professional
Monday to Friday – 08h00 – 15h00
Tuesday to Friday – 08h00 – 17h00
Saturday – 08h00 – 13h00