Situated in the heart of the Sundays River Valley, close to Port Elizabeth and a stones throw from the world famous Addo Elephant National Park, you’ll find a haven of comfort and luxury. Offering superior service with unashamed flair, Hopefield Country House is the ideal spot for a quiet weekend away or as your home base when you explore the natural beauty of the Eastern Cape.
Experiencing Africa is easy in Addo. You can ride or walk with elephants at Addo Elephant Back Safaris – have close encounters with members of the BIG 5 in the Addo Elephant National Park – visit some of the Eastern Cape’s wonderful private game reserves or even experience canoe trips or ferry rides on the beautiful Sundays River – and this is but the tip of the iceberg!
Various safaris and other excursions can be arranged to suit most budgets – from the magnificent Addo Elephant to the humble Dung Beatles the Greater Addo Area abounds with nature’s splendor. Horse riding, hiking trails and 4x4 routes are situated in close proximity and expert guides can be arranged to personalize your excursions. Your schedule can be as relaxed or as active as you want it to be!
Spend a relaxing day sunbathing by the swimming pool or take a leisurely stroll through the citrus orchards on the farm. Wander around in our garden where surprises lurk behind every corner. Various species of bird make their home here and fascinating hours can be spent watching their behavior. The rose garden boasts more than 50 rose varieties, continuously providing an array of color from spring to autumn.
Scrumptious breakfasts and mouth-watering dinners will ensure that your stay at Hopefield Country House remains a highlight of your holiday or business trip.
For those guests lucky enough to be staying over at the time of one of our frequent classical music soirées Hopefield Country House offers an opportunity to hear beautiful music performed in a magical setting by some of the best local and nationally acclaimed artists.
- Fitzpatrick Library with various books on offer
- Wi-fi internet access
- 7 individually decorated en-suite bedrooms
- Percale Linen on King, Queen or twin single beds
- Air Conditioning
- Satellite TV
- Personal Safe
- Bar Fridge
- CD Player and radio
- Coffee and Tea Facilities
- Bathroom amenities
- Limited Laundry services also offered
- Private entrances in each room that lead onto spacious verandas with wonderful views of our gardens and swimming pool
- Hearty Breakfast Buffet
- Three course set dinner menu which changes daily
- Fully licensed Bar with variety of cool drinks, alcoholic beverages and estate wines
- We can cater for most dietary preferences and / or food allergies if given advanced notice
- Game Drives
- Horse Trails
- Crisscross Full Day Addo Safari / Schotia Full Day Addo Safari
- Crisscross Half Day
- Addo Safari Addo River Safari, Lunch and Addo Park Safari
- Schotia Safari
- Schotia Tooth and Claw Safari
- Amakhala Game Reserve
- Pumba Private Game Reserve
- Kwantu Private Game Reserve
- Hiking in Zuurberg Mountains
- Bushman Sands Golf Course
- Daniell Cheetah Breeding Project
- Addo Raptor & Reptile Centre