The Karkloof Canopy Tour begins with a detailed safety briefing followed by a ‘Kitting up’ session where full body harness, pulleys and climbing equipment are put on and checked for safety.
A short scenic 4x4 drive to the top of the Karkloof valley and it is time to monkey around! From the start on the launch platform a new world unfolds as one gently glides on a steel cable to the first platform.
All groups are escorted through the forest canopy by a lead guide and a safety guide to ensure your safety as you slide from tree to tree. The platforms are built high up in the forest canopy and all offer different views of the surrounding forest, a magnificent 20m waterfall, clear sparkling forest stream and across the expansive Karkloof valley far below.
Spend a couple of minutes relaxing on the platforms while your guides enthusiastically explain the ecology of the forest – pointing out different trees and the magnificent giant ferns way below.
The bird life is incredible. This includes the opportunity of spotting Emerald Cuckoos, Knysna Loeries, a wide variety of raptors and if you are lucky, the elusive Narina Trogon or endangered Cape Parrots.
The forest is also home to a variety of mammals, but it is the loud calls and fearsome tree swinging of the Samango monkeys that you will remember best.
The Karkloof Canopy Tour consists of 12 platforms and 10 zip-line slides, the longest of which is over 200m! A tour lasts approximately two hours, this is a safe, fun adventure for people between the ages of 5 and 80+ and includes refreshments during the tour and a light lunch served at the end.
What To Bring
- Enthusiasm and an adventurous spirit.
- You may bring a camera although this is at your own risk and discretion.
- Comfortable shoes to walk in.
- Rain gear will be provided in wet weather.
R595-00 per person
* Tour Includes Refreshments and a Light Meal Afterwards.
Team Building @ Karkloof Canopy Tour
The Canopy Tour has long been used as a brilliant Team Building platform, with 1000’s of companies coming over the last 9 years to 13 years for a great day out.
- We offer braais to compliment your day and can recommend suitable accommodation in the area should you wish to stay over.
- While the Canopy Tour is a fanatic Team Building activity we now also offer a facilitated Team Building option which provides a more sustainable Team Building platform.
Facilitated Team Building
- The Karkloof Canopy Tour has linked with African Fig to bring you a truly unique team-building experience.
- Our frustration with traditional team-building is that while everyone has a lot of fun, there is often no real change/growth in our teams when we get back to the workplace.
- Together with African Fig we have developed a facilitated experience that not only builds your team spirit but also encourages personal growth whilst experiencing the unforgettable adventure of the Canopy Tour.
- Although the focus is on teams, leadership, fear and potential, our aim is to develop the day around your specific objectives and desired outcomes.