We are a leading black-owned and managed national professional services firm and are proudly a level 1 BBBEE contributor. Our philosophy is based on providing seamless and consistent service to our clients wherever they are located in South Africa.
To provide the intellectual capital that will act as a catalyst in developing effective solutions for our clients. Our obsession is adding value.
To be recognized by our clients and competitors as the benchmark in service delivery within our industry and chosen markets. Where our people are known for their innovation and problem solving abilities. To adapt and change continually with our business leader partners.
Twenty one years ago, at the age of 29, managing director Roshan Morar, left an established accountancy firm – Gouws and Strauss – to set up his own practice, working out of a small office in Church Street, Pietermaritzburg. At the time, the move was considered a risky one, given the number of established accountancy firms already in the city, and the natural reluctance of business owners to switch accountants who perform what is regarded as “a critical service”. Out of this calculated risk, Morar Incorporated Chartered Accountants was established. Today, the firm has branches in all major provinces. It pursues a service-driven, quality-oriented ethos with a strong emphasis on personal relationships. The firm is owned in majority by historically-disadvantaged individuals.
In the case of Morar Incorporated, the contribution of our clients to the success of the firm has been critical. A personalised approach to our work has been a consistent hallmark of the practice and our emphasis on building personal relationships continues today in our belief that, “no client is too small.” From the start the firm geared itself towards black-owned businesses, many of which were small and medium-sized family owned businesses. Today, these businesses remain an important focus of our auditing and tax services work.
We help businesses achieve their financial goals – ultimately saving them valuable time and money. Our accounting professionals work to provide tailor made accounting solutions for small, medium and large enterprises to facilitate and enhance their financial growth. Our flexible approach allows our accounting services team to provide seamless integration with our clients and their businesses.
Our accounting services include the following:
- Annual financial statements
- Management reporting
- Completion and submission of VAT, PAYE, UIF, SDL, WCA returns
- Registration of VAT, PAYE, UIF and SDL
- Preparation of PAYE bi-annual reconciliation
- Data capture
We are authorized Pastel Software suppliers and trainers.
Our Audit services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients enhance their performance. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor solutions accordingly. We are equipped to handle the weight of responsibility that comes with assessing and managing enterprise risks.
Morar Incorporated has a long standing reputation for providing an efficient risk based Audit service. Our Audit approach emphasizes adding value to our clients by enhancing quality and productivity.
We are renowned in the marketplace for our innovative and collaborative culture and commitment to deliver the highest standard of audit service excellence to our clients. We offer this service in accordance with International Auditing Standards which are driven by our values.
How we work
Our Audit professionals at Morar Incorporated take the time to understand our client’s business as well as the industries in which they operate to identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function.
Our Assurance professionals gather information during a Morar Incorporated audit in order to understand our client’s business, internal controls and risk spectrum. Our methods enable our clients to meet the growing demand for enhanced disclosure and accountability. We work closely with our clients, yet independently, and encourage open communication, implementing techniques that meet the needs of each unique organisation.
Our tax professionals use a forward thinking and multidisciplinary approach to add value and help organizations manage tax complexities in their ever-changing business environments.
We offer clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines coupled with business and industry knowledge to help our clients implement decisions that can deliver real value to their businesses.
Our Services include:
- Income Tax Registration
- Completion and submission of Income Tax returns via e-filing
- Calculation of tax liabilities
- Completion and submission of IT14SD (Supplementary Disclosure returns)
- Calculation and submission of Provisional taxes
- Tax Clearance Certificates for Tenders and Foreign Investments
- Tax Directives
- Salary Structuring
- VAT registration
- Exemption certificate for Employee Tax
- Application for exemption from Income Tax
- Application for letters of good standing
- Checking Income Tax assessments
- Import and Export Customs and excise registrations
- Arranging deferred payments
- Advising on legislation and various forms of tax
Outsourcing your company secretarial duties to our experienced staff will ensure compliance with required legislation, giving you added valuable time to focus on your business. Getting started is as simple as getting in touch and telling us about your requirements.
Our services include the following:
- Registration of Companies
- Registration of Trusts
- Shelf companies
- Appointment of Auditors
- Appointment of Accounting Officers
- Appointment of New Directors
- Appointment of New Members
- Appointment of Trustees
- Transfer of Shares
- Allotment of Shares
- Change in year end
- Special Resolutions
- Maintenance of share registers
At Morar Incorporated our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation to help organization’s lead in the markets in which they compete. Innovation, transformation and leadership are our key drivers.
We offer specialized Consulting Services to the following:
- Provincial Departments and Public Entities.
- Municipalities and Municipal Entities.
- Services to the Auditor-General of South Africa.
Transactions Advisory Services
We work closely with clients to make informed investment decisions to improve the performance of assets they already own—providing independent and objective analyses and transaction advisory services that go well beyond routine due diligence and ultimately create value.
Our Corporate Finance specialists support clients ranging from corporate and financial investors to governments, private companies, and individuals, in the providing independent financial advice.
Whether you are seeking to expand either organically or through acquisition, realise value through a disposal or restructuring, raise new finance or improve the competency of your balance sheet funding efficiencies, we strive to deliver innovative effective solutions tailored towards your specific requirements.
Our services include:
- Transaction advisory services
- Business Plans
- Due diligence and feasibility studies
Information and Communication Technology forms an innate component in enhancing and transforming Business. We are able to offer specialist ICT Consulting and ICT Auditing services.
Our ICT Consulting services will leverage and drive business objectives, whilst our ICT Auditing services will undertake various ICT reviews and benchmark against legislative and or best practice, thus making practical and effective recommendations to improve controls.
Our in-depth experience, coupled with our unique methodologies allow us to deliver on client expectations. Our Services include:
ICT Consultancy Services
- ICT Governance
- Strategic Planning (Enterprise Architecture)
- Information Security Management
- Business Continuity Planning
- ERP Implementation
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Project Management
- ICT Service Management
- Business Analysis
ICT Auditing & Assurance Services
- General and Application Control Reviews
- ICT Governance Reviews
- ICT Strategy Reviews
- Systems Reviews
- Network and Security Management Audits
- Network Penetration Testing
- System Performance Reviews
- Business Continuity Plan Reviews
- Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATS)
Our specialist team can help you prevent, investigate and remediate issues that could potentially damage your brand and bottom line. Coupled with cutting edge detection tools and approaches we are able to review all potential components of your organisation in order to implement an effective policy that will reduce your risk to crime.
Fraud, corruption and other economic crime, particularly when it concerns senior management, requires a thorough, professional and independent approach. You and the affected parties will require the reassurance of an effective response that is supported by a combination of forensic accounting and investigative skills to make well informed decisions, whether in the boardroom or the courtroom.
Our services include:
- Investigation of financial irregularities, including unauthorized expenditure, irregular expenditure and fruitless & wasteful expenditure
- Supply chain management review, training and compliance testing
- SMS mentoring programme
- Expert testimony in PFMA related matters
- Collection and safeguarding of evidence
- Search and seizure in conjunction with the South African Police Services
- Tracing witnesses and suspects
- Compiling affidavits and taking statements
- Interviewing and questioning witnesses and suspects
- Facilitating polygraph examinations
- Facilitating expert document examinations
- Verifying witness testimony
- Ongoing liaison with the South African Police Services and Department of Justice
- Compiling criminal and disciplinary cases
- Competent testimony in disciplinary, civil or criminal proceedings
- Preparing comprehensive financial profiles on individuals and companies
- Asset tracing & recovery
- Money laundering investigations
We offer training programs that aid and facilitate business and skills development. Our training programs are designed to ensure that directors, management, officials, political office bearers and staff members alike are strategically equipped with the knowledge they require in their field of practice.
We have successfully implemented successful training programs and provided mentorship to organizations in both the public and private sector.
Our training programs include:
- Annual Financial Statement Preparation
- Value Added Taxation
- Income Tax
- Public Awareness
- Generally Accepted Accounting Practice
- Generally Accepted Municipal Accounting Practice
- Generally Recognized Accounting Practice
- Adult Basic Education Training
- Supply Chain Management
- Public Finance Management and Treasury Regulations
- Municipal Finance Management and Treasury Regulations
- Labour Relations and Employment Equity
- Credit Control and Debt Collection
- Revenue Management
- Expenditure Management
- Risk Management
- Asset Management
- Budget Preparation
- Fraud Prevention Training
- Internal Audit training
The ECAPS concept was developed in 1999 as a result of the gap identified between an organisation’s strategy and the operational implementation and the management of this strategy.
The ECAPS brand has been introduced to a wide range of organisations in the Private Sector. More than 200 organisations in Africa ,UK ,Europe and Australia have used or are using the model in one form or the other.
In 2013 Morar Incorporated identified the value that ECAPS would add to the Public Sector and after extensive research and development a Public Sector model was developed in line with the National Treasury Framework for managing performance information and the Results Based Management approach.
Hence, it integrates strategy ,people ,processes and measurements to improve decision making, transparency and accountability and focuses on achieving outcomes, implementing performance measurement ,learning and adapting as well as reporting on performance.
Augments the MPAT reporting and evaluation process with regard to strategic management. MPAT is a Management Performance Assessment Tool introduced by the Office of the Presidency to strengthen governance and management in the Public Sector in the following four key Performance Areas – Strategic Management , Governance and Accountability , Human Resources Management and Financial Management.
- No infrastructure , maintenance and upgrade costs.
- Reduces audit time.
- Can be easily customised and adapted to change.
- Tailor made for public sector reporting.
- Industry standard system architecture promotes effortless data sharing and dissemination.