History & Pedigree
OVER 120 GROUP STORES NATIONALLY
Top Carpets & Floors is South Africa’s largest floor coverings group. This means that we have huge buying power and are able to pass the savings over to our customers. All our branches are individually owned and offer a large range of carpets, laminates, vinyl, blinds and ceramic tiles amongst many other floor coverings.
OUR EXPERTS WILL HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT FLOORS
Our nearest Top Carpets & Floors member will guide you through the process of finding a floor selection to best suit your needs.
LOCAL BUSINESS YOU CAN TRUST
All our branches are individually owned and run by locals within your suburb, so when you visit our stores you know you will be supporting your local community and get the professional service you deserve.
Top Carpets and Floors is South Africa’s largest flooring retailer, with over 120 members located around the country. The network covers all major cities, as well as a number of smaller towns.
Top Carpets and Floors had over R 650 million in retail sales during 2015 and has established excellent relationships with manufacturers and suppliers over the years, creating a strong market position and enabling significant cost savings.
Direct sourcing of materials carries the added benefits of preferred stock access, best available lead times for delivery, minimal cut length charges and availability of special deals on a national basis.Relationships with international buying groups ensure the adoption of international best practice and give members access to the latest trends and developments.
A “National Contracts” corporate initiative has been introduced to give corporate and major retail groups and “Installation Solution” on a national basis. In addition to competitive pricing negotiations, Top Carpets and Floors provides a wealth of knowledge and expertise to its members.
10 REASONS TO CHOOSE TOP CARPETS
- TOP VALUE 120+ strong group in business for over 28 years, resulting in unbeatable buying power, which provides lowest prices on all carpets and flooring.
- WE MAKE YOUR HOME (OR OFFICE) BEAUTIFUL Professional advice on product selection, design, colour and installation
- WIDEST CHOICE OF GREAT CARPETS AND FLOORING Freedom to choose between carpets, laminates, ceramics, vinyl or rugs, all under one roof
- FREE SERVICES Free measuring and estimating Free installation planning Free advice on design and colour Free warranties on all flooring
- 10 DAY COLOUR REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE Provides reassurance on selected Belgotex, Van Dyck and Constantia products
- BREAST CANCER SUPPORT We support Reach for Recovery – a major breast cancer initiative with a contribution on all Van Dyck, Constantia, Kronopol and Aluvert sales.
- SHOP-AT-HOME For convenience and safety and working by appointment, we can bring the broadest selection of products to you and you need to go no further than your own front door.
- COMMERCIAL FLOORING We are trusted to handle the flooring needs of many leading Corporate, Industrial, Insurance and State Organisations countrywide. We hold a level 4 BEE accreditation from Empowerdex and are also accredited with CIBD.
- R1 MILLION INSTALLATION GUARANTEE For your total peace of mind we back up Top Carpets and Floors’ carpet installations with a R1 million professional guarantee.
- HEALTHIER LIVING SERVICES We protect your loved ones with our exclusive Healthier Living service
PRODUCTS & SERVICES:
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles
- Vinyl Sheeting
- Wall Expressions
- Artificial Grass
- Engineered Wood
- Designer Rugs
- Advice on Flooring
- Advice on Underlays
- Selecting Carpets
- Selecting Laminates
- Problem Solving
- Stain Removal
- Selecting a Trustworthy Retailer
- Colour selection / advice
- Mobile Showrooms
MAINTAINING THE BEAUTY OF YOUR FLOORS
- The best way to ensure long lasting beauty, comfort and durability in your carpet is to vacuum it regularly, as it prevents soil from becoming embedded in the carpet’s pile.
- Consider professional cleaning every 12-18 months.
- Use scissors to clip sprouts and snags; do not pull them or you may damage the carpet.
- Heavy furniture will always cause dents to the carpet. Depending on the type of yarn it is possible to revive the pile to a certain extent by stroking the pile with the edge of a coin. Using a hair dryer can sometimes help but be careful not to scorch the pile.
- If your carpet is burned, remove the tops of the dark, burnt fibres with curved fingernail scissors. Extensive burns may require patching or replacement.
- If the carpet is flooded from a bust pipe, washing machine overflow, the carpet needs to be dried, front and back by a professional cleaner.
- Additional tips on maintaining your carpet from a variety of spills refer to our Stain First Aid Guide.
- With its smooth surface structure, laminate cannot absorb dirt or dust.
- Never apply layers of wax or varnish to laminates.
- ‘Dry maintenance’: by using a vacuum cleaner or fleece mop.
- ‘Wet maintenance’: AVOID EXCESSIVE QUANTITIES OF WATER AT ALL TIMES. Use a properly wrung-out mop. Always dry afterwards.
- Mop with clean water or classical household soap.
- You can also use a laminate maintenance product dissolved in water. This product cleans thoroughly and leaves a matt-satin shine.
- Carefully remove persistent stains with a suitable cleaning product (e.g. acetone or white spirit). Never use scouring products.
- Most good quality laminates are predded on a waterproof glued HDF board. In spite of the relatively high moisture resistance, excessive quantities of water must be removed immediately.
Are you looking for quick and easy ways to clean your blinds? Well look no further here are a few helpful tips. There are a variety of blinds that you will need to worry about, which include wooden, metal, fabric and vinyl. All of which come in either a horizontal or vertical format.
- For horizontal blinds, make sure you vacuum the blinds as often as possible making use of the brush attachment. Vacuum across the slats, not up and down.
- For dusting, make sure that you don’t use a plastic duster. Try use a proper lamb’s wool duster, again working across the slats, horizontally and starting at the top.
- In the case of vertical blinds, make sure to brush in a downward motion, as the slats often become unhooked if you brush in an upward motion.
- You can also use a rubber sponge, also known as a dry sponge, which can be found at hardware and paint stores. Wipe the dry sponge firmly across the blinds to help to remove dust and residue, from both fabric and vinyl blinds.
- When spot cleaning a blind, never spray the all-purpose cleaner directly onto the blind. Spray the all-purpose cleaner onto a clean dry cloth first and then wipe the blind.
- When it comes to wooden blinds, try not to soak them. Make sure to clean them in place, instead of removing them as you would do for other types of blinds.
- Fabric blinds can be a little more complicated, and it would be best to take them to a dry cleaner.
- Do not try cleaning the blinds by spraying them with a car-wash hose, dunking them in a bucket, one slat at a time.
- To clean metal and vinyl blinds, you will need to take the blinds outside and lay them on a small rug or piece of carpet. Try brush the blinds with some soapy water, and then turn them over and brush the other side. To prevent water spots from forming, make sure to rinse the blinds, and to let the water runoff. When done, hang the blinds to dry.
VINYL TILES, SHEETING AND PLANKS.
- Before moving heavy objects across the floor, always lay a plank or firm sheet to disperse the weight.
- Before placing any chairs or furniture on your new vinyl floor always check the condition of the legs so as to prevent any potential cuts or scratches.
- Remove dust, sand, and grit particles by sweeping or vacuuming your vinyl floor regularly.
- Don’t use a vacuum with a beater as it may scratch your floor.
- When sweeping or vacuuming does not remove the dirt, mop the floor with clean warm water.
- If water alone does not clean the surface, use one teaspoon of dish washing liquid to 500ml of warm water and apply with a soft sponge.
- Rinse thoroughly with fresh water to remove any residue.
- Be careful not to allow too much water to seep between the joins as it could emulsify the adhesive.
- Finally, think prevention. Place non staining, walk off mats at every outside entrance to your room.
- This will help keep sand and grit from being tracked onto your floor in the first place.
- Just be sure to avoid using rubber backed mats as they can damage and potentially discolour your floor.