The idea to start a nursery came about when Bennie Niemand and Ernst Coetzee met in 2011 when they realised that they can start a nursery because of the experience that Ernst had as a nursery owner and Bennie’s farming experience.
Ernst has just sold his nursery and Bennie is a vegetable farmer in George.Bargain Nursery is a family owned and family run business.The nursery is a local business that is creating a lot of jobs as it is very labour intensive.Our aim is to create a successful business that can support our families as well as creating work for our team of workers.
Why a nursery?
We grow plants on our farm just across the N2 highway at George.
- The plants are locally grown and is adapted to the local climate
- The plants are suitable for the area.
- The plants will, once planted, grow because it is locally gown
- Our plants are well priced as we grow it ourselves.
George has the perfect climate for growing plants.
- We cater to the domestic market and focus on household and DIY market.
- We provide large variety of plants
- We share our knowledge and experience
- We empower our workers through training and learning plans.
- Our plants are reasonably priced
Local grown plants for local people at local prices … please tell us if you are not a local !!
Local Nursery in George
Bargain Nursery is located next to the George Airport runway and we offer plants at runaway prices. We pride ourselves in supplying quality plants at the best prices. This owner-run nursery offers friendly personal service and advice. We also have regular specials and promotions making gardening even more pleasurable and rewarding.
If you are looking for new plants for your garden a visit to Bargain Nursery is highly recommended. We have a big variety of locally grown plants for sale that transform your garden into a paradise. Whatever you gardening needs are from trees, scrubs, fruit trees, flowers, cactus, vegetables, herbs or seedlings you are sure to find what you are looking for at the Bargain Nursery in George.
Besides supplying you with plants Bargain Nursery have a wide selection of gardening accessories.
This includes cement, clay and plastic pots, stepping stones, steel arches, decorative steel and wooden trellises and other garden decorations. We also have compost, potting soil, manure, bark, wood chips, decorative stone as well as garden fertilizers and chemicals.
The trading hours of Bargain Nursery in George is:
Monday to Friday: 08:00 to 17:00
Saturday: 08:00 to 16:00
Public Holidays: 08:00 to 13:00
- Quality plants
- Large variety
- Flowering plants
- Seedlings, flowers and herbs
- Plants for shady areas like clivias
- Fruit trees and trees
- Make our own pots
- Do our own steel trellis and pot stands
- Do woodwork for vegetables / herbs
- Wooden boxes and edgings
- Stepping stones and pavers
- Cement ornaments
- Water features
- Outdoor Furniture
- Potting soil
- Lawn dressing