Timion was started in November 2006 by the Swiss orthotist Daniel Meyer and his South African wife and physiotherapist Anika. Timion means precious in Greek. We believe that children with disabilities are precious children and much loved by God.
They met while working with children with disabilities in Sierra Leone and Iraq between 1998 and 2003.
After having spent a year of Bible study with YWAM they felt called to settle in South Africa, with the aim to support marginalized children with disabilities. As Anika had strong links with UCSA (Uniting Christian Student Association) in Jeffreys Bay, they moved there in October 2006.
Timion is a non-profit dedicated to working with marginalized children with disabilities in South Africa.With love we provide handmade equipment such as standing frames, walkers, etc. Our team delivers the equipment directly to homes and provides therapeutic as well as psychological assistance.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Start your journey as you walk alongside children with disability...
- There are many children with disabilities without access to regular therapy and who do not have equipment.
- We design and manufacture in house wooden products that are affordable and durable.
- More than 1'000 children equipped and supported through our outreach program by our therapists and counsellors.
- We believe that every child is a precious creation of God, deserving our love and support.
Who we are
- Timion is a Christian humanitarian organization based in Jeffreys Bay, South Africa.
- We are dedicated to working with marginalized children with disabilities in the rural areas and townships of South Africa.
- We help these children by providing equipment that supports and improves their physical needs, but more importantly, we love them as God loves them and we encourage their parents to value their children as a precious creation!
Who we serve
- We serve marginalized children with disabilities and their families; regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, and gender.
- Currently we are focusing on the Eastern Cape of South Africa, however our expertise has already been requested and used in other countries such as India.
What we do
- We help children with disabilities by manufacturing and providing wooden equipment to meet their individual needs.
- We fit the equipment, instruct the carers and encourage the families through therapists giving home visits.
- We provide holiday camps, where the children are individually cared for whilst the carers are treated to some fun, friendship and practical encouragement.
- We work with various hospitals providing equipment and support.
Why we serve
- Motivated by our faith in Jesus Christ, we serve those often disregarded by society as a demonstration of God’s unconditional love for all children.